World Bowls is a Members organisation, and our Members play a key role in driving forward the growth and development of all formats of the sport on a global level.
World Bowls has close to 60 members with membership spanning all five continents – Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, and Oceania.
Membership is open to one National Association per country with that Association having to meet a clear set of criteria in order to be accepted by the World Bowls Board.
The criteria for membership for a new Member Country of World Bowls is as follows:
- An Association should be legally constituted with a clear set of Rules/Statutes which comply with local law and have democracy enshrined.
- An Association should operate as a not-for-profit organisation.
- An Association should cover all forms of Bowls. World Bowls will not recognise more than one Association in any country for different disciplines.
- An Association should have a company bank account with transparency over its finances.
- An Association should be recognised by, or working towards recognition by, either or both their national government and their National Olympic/Commonwealth Games Committee.
- An Association should be working towards having a strategic plan and a set of sport development regulations/guidelines that allow them to manage: Competitions/Events, Coach & Umpire education and development, Player representation and talent development, Safeguarding and welfare.
Any Country wishing to become a member of World Bowls, should complete this application form Click here
Applications for membership should be sent to the Chief Executive Officer Neil Dalrymple, [email protected]
Address: World Bowls Ltd
PO Box 166, North Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3051
Phone: +61 439 350884
Email: [email protected]